Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Lanai E-session with Jaysa and Pat!!

I cannot begin to tell you how excited I was when a couple months ago, Alan called me, saying that a client named Jaysa loved our work and wanted to fly us out to Lanai for her engagement shoot!! First of all, I've never been to Lanai. Second, the idea of being flown somewhere for an engagement shoot just blew my mind. I was stoked :)

Last month, this amazingness became a reality, and Alan and I flew out to Lanai and met up with Jaysa and Pat. We set out on an epic all-day shoot, exploring the island and shooting at a ton of locations, including a canopy forest, red dirt hills, a golf course, Lanai City, Manele Bay, Sweetheart Rock, and a ranch! All I can say is that it was a ton of fun! So much, in fact, that Alan and I almost forgot to head back to the airport to catch our flight out lol.


To Jaysa and Pat: Thank you very very much for giving us this opportunity, and also for showing us around the island! Our session was definitely a cool hybrid of a shoot and a tour, and Alan and I really enjoyed ourselves!!

Stay tuned for behind the scenes photos from this shoot!


-Reese (photography), Alan (videography)


the very cool, random forest we found by the golf course :) 







hanging out at the golf course...


off the beaten road...

creative portraits of Jaysa and Pat while Alan was interviewing them on video...


took me half an hour to get this shot, timing between the wind and the sun coming in and out of the clouds lol


At Jaysa and Pat's request...Sweetheart Rock!! 



when I saw this straight road, flanked by trees, I knew we had to shoot here :)


hanging out at the ranch...






3 comments:

  1. Holy camoly!! The pictures turned out AWESOME!!! Thank you Alan and Reese for an amazing day! Pat and I had so much fun! We're looking forward to our wedding day and can't wait so see what you come up with! Thank you again!!
    Pat and Jaysa

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was our pleasure, Jaysa! Thank YOU again for the opportunity of shooting on Lanai!! We'll see you guys in November! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. MAIKA'I!! Thank you for taking such good care of my cousins.

    Rae Anne

    ReplyDelete